Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Art Help Needed!

I would really like to get some graphics going, both for this site and for some T-shirts and other gear to sell at CafePress.


My problem is, I'm such a bad artist I have a hard time drawing attention.

What I'm showing to the left here is a basic graphic I've come up with that I could use for Support the Siskiyou Breeze merchandising gear. I'll admit that it does look a bit crude, but with my limited resources (not to mention limited talent in visual art, graphic design, and other important areas) it's the best I could come up with.

So what I'm asking for is for some talented person -- preferably a rail fan living in or near one of the cities on the proposed route, and having some useful level of artistic skill -- who would be willing to give me something better. The least I'd want is simply the addition of a small graphic next to the word "The," showing a train resembling the Talgos currently used for the Amtrak Cascades route but not showing any logos. Any work anyone might want to do beyond that (such as an actual graphical map showing the communities along the proposed route) would just be frosting on that cake.

I have a full-sized (and somewhat better-looking) version of the existing graphic in case anyone wants to mess with it directly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane Holland said...

Is 'Breeze' such a good name for a train (route)? Sorry to sound negative but I would have thought something a bit stiffer than a breeze would be needed for a train! Unless you intend to take it nice and easy onboard ...

Just a thought, could be wrong. A very interesting site to browse. Blog on.

10/06/2005 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the whole idea is wonderful, just came across this blog from the group.I like the name Breeze. Brandi

6/11/2007 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home