Thursday, September 29, 2005

Southwestern Oregon Interest

The page linked to above (click on the title) shows a trip made on Friday and Saturday, June 18-19, 1999, from Eugene to Ashland, Oregon, using the Mt. Olympus train set along the CORP rail line. I'll let the photos and their captions (both from Larry Tuttle and friends) speak for themselves, for the most part.

Even if you're not much into trains, the photography is wonderful. I particularly love this photo of the train along the Rogue River.

I do find it interesting to note that there are usable station buildings already in place in both Roseburg and Medford, and apparently in Ashland as well. I'm not really clear on whether there's a station in Grants pass, but I'm fairly sure there at least has been one in the past. (Perhaps if I get a reader from Grants Pass he or she can clarify the question.)

As I noted in my previous post, much of the travel along this segment of the route would be relatively slow. With scenery like this, the trip should still be worth it (especially since it also means you're not the one driving)!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just popping in from Blog Explosion to say hi!

Have a great day!

9/30/2005 8:38 PM  
Blogger Neutron said...

...also from BE. Nice photo. I love trains. Wish I could afford to travel that way!

10/02/2005 2:53 PM  
Blogger Callen Damornen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/17/2005 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home